Last updated on December 12, 2023 The Data Controller
Name: Longenesis, SIA
Registration No.: 40203211852
Address: Zaubes Street 9A-23, Riga, Latvia, LV-1013
Data Protection Officer: Emil Syundyukov
This Policy informs you of our practice regarding safe and lawful processing of personal data when you use the Curator. This Policy informs and explains how Longenesis protects, uses and cares for the personal data in its possession.
We will not use or share your personal data with anyone outside our organization, except as demanded by law or described in this Policy.
By accessing the Curator, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, terms used have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions, which are available here
and align with relevant privacy regulations.
This Policy and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Latvia.1. Personal Data Collection
We collect personal data about you when you provide such personal data directly to us, when third parties such as our service providers share data about you, or when personal data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of the Curator. We collect and process personal data you provide directly to us. For example, you share personal data directly with us when you create a profile on Curator. The types of personal data we may collect include:
2. Use of personal data
- Personal information (full name);
- Contact information (email address, phone number)
- Role in the represented organization;
- Any other information you choose to provide.
- Identifiers obtained from a third party service, for example, identifiers obtained through user authentication using Google Auth;
- We also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit Curator ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information about your device and about your visits to and use of the Curator (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation).
- We also may collect and store information that you provide us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters and any other information that you choose to send us.
We use the personal data and information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Curator platform:
- Create and maintain your Curator profile;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about new content, products, services, and features offered by Longenesis and provide other news and information we think may interest you (you can contact us to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations, receipts, and user experience surveys;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Curator;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Curator and others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors in the Curator;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose communicated to you at the time the information is collected.
We share personal data in the following circumstances:
- To enable functionality to upload, manage and compliantly showcase any metadata with an aim of facilitating collaborative research we share personal data with authorized Curator Collaborators who have access rights to browse through the dataset collection. The functionality of data publishing and showcasing is provided in accordance to the Terms and Conditions;
- We share personal data with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us. Such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other IT infrastructure, analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, financial services and marketing. Personal data is shared to a third party in a minimized manner to the extent necessary for the Curator and according to our agreement with them.
- We may disclose personal data with legal, governmental, and institutional authorities if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to a legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of the Curator that we believe are improper.
- We may share personal data with legal, governmental, and institutional authorities if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our agreement, Terms & Conditions and policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Curator, our Collaborators and Publishers, the public, or others.
- We share personal data with our lawyers and other professional advisors in connection with agreed services they provide to us and where it is necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- Personal data is shared between and among Longenesis and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal data with your consent or at your direction.
- We also might share aggregated or de-identified information that you have submitted to the Curator. In such situations the information cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and it is stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" and "persistent" cookies on the Curator. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the platform and persistent cookies to enable our platform to recognize you when you visit Curator again. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiration date.
You can refuse all optional cookies or accept them. Some technical cookies you cannot opt out of as they enable the proper functioning of the Curator. You can instruct your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
The Help feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Curator and we recommend that you leave them turned on.4. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to ensure proper provision of the Curator, to provide and perform services on our behalf, and/or to assist us in analyzing how the Curator is used.
The specific tasks where we use service provider to facilitate may include:
- Providing customer service;
- Sending marketing communications;
- Conducting research and analysis.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose. Third party services have access only to those data identifiers, such as name, identification number, location, that are required to perform their tasks.
The third party systems we use to ensure the proper provision of services:
5. Security and retention period
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. products and tools for server and database deployment - we use this to ensure Curator is available online, risk estimation and personalized reporting, data storage and encryption algorithms are implemented to protect and minimize the risks of unauthorized access. Read more here.
- Mailchimp services - we use this to send you email notices of any planned maintenance updates and modifications on our Platform or send out marketing messaging, if you have consented to receiving such information.
The security of your personal data is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the personal data we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal data we have collected from you.
Your personal data will be kept for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes outlined in this Policy and in accordance with the agreement we have concluded, as well as applicable law of the Republic of Latvia. Personal data will be deleted 90 days after termination of the account, if there is no other legitimate reason for retention. The data in our backup systems will not be retained for longer than two years after the termination of the account if there is a legal obligation or legitimate interest involved.
Upon expiration of the retention period, all documents containing personal data will be permanently deleted, destroyed or made anonymous in a form which does not permit identification of data subjects. Longenesis may notify you about the deletion, destruction or anonymisation of your personal data nor ask your permission to delete or destroy personal data after the retention period.
Please note that certain personal data retained on computer files may be available after the retention period for a certain time period in data backup systems until those files in the data backup system are overwritten. Usually, files in the data backup systems are not overwritten at once, leaving an appropriate margin for the possibility of restoring data at the needed time.6. Access and Your Rights
If at any time you wish to know whether we have any of your personal data or exercise any of your rights outlined below, you may send us a request in your account or via email (see section "11. Contact Us"). We will respond to it within a reasonable timeframe not exceeding 30 days.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to correct and update your information;
- to request information concerning processing of your personal data;
- to have your information erased (if there exist no other lawful grounds for keeping it);
- to restrict further processing of your information;
- to withdraw previously given consent for data processing, without affecting the data processed before withdrawal;
- to request a copy of your personal data;
- to transfer your information in a machine-readable format to you or to another controller;
- to object to the use of your information processed on the basis of legitimate interests (unless we have an overriding lawful reason) or for direct marketing.
We may withhold personal information to the extent and manner permitted by law.7. International Transfers
A transfer of personal data to a third country within the European Union is performed according to the principles and norms stated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national law. A transfer of personal data outside the European Union can take place when the European Commission has recognized this third country as offering an adequate level of protection or when a transfer is compliant with regulations stated in the Chapter V of the GDPR.
Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.8. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.9. Business Transaction
This Policy is effective as of the last update and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our Policy at any time and you should check this Policy periodically. Your continued use of the Curator after we post any modifications to the Policy on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.11. Contact Us
If you have any enquiries relating to this policy, our handling of your personal information generally or in relation your data protection rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dzirnavu str. 41a-5, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010.
In any case, any natural person always has the right to submit a complaint to the Data State Inspectorate of Latvia, address: Elijas str. 17, Riga, Latvia, LV-1050.