THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ACCESS PLATFORM ENGAGE.LONGENESIS.COM, PROVIDED AND MAINTAINED BY LONGENESIS. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR USING PLATFORM ENGAGE.LONGENESIS.COM, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING INSTRUMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE PLATFORM ENGAGE.LONGENESIS.COM.
Engage.longenesis.com (thereafter – "platform") is a platform supporting society engagement into research activities and is provided and maintained by a tech-company Longenesis, Reg. No. 40203211852, the address of which is Zaubes Street 9A-23, Riga, Latvia (thereafter – "Longenesis", "we," "us" or "our").
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to your subscription, access to and use of platform. If you are using the platform on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept these Terms on such entity's behalf and that such entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or that entity breaches these Terms. In that case the words "you" or "your" in these Terms include the entity you are representing.
BY ACCESSING, USING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS FROM THE PLATFORM ENGAGE.LONGENESIS.COM, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AND MUST CEASE USING THE PLATFORM IMMEDIATELY. 1. Purpose
The aim of the platform is to create a voluntary and dynamic engagement environment for the research studies of disease risk and other disease-related data, personalized sending of alerts and reports, as well as to proactively educate society and engage in research processes. 2. Effective Date
To access and use the features of the platform, you must register for an account. By creating an account, you agree to:
4. Acceptable Use
- provide accurate, current and complete account information;
- maintain the security of your password, not share your password with any other person and accept all risks of unauthorised access to your account; and
- promptly provide notice to Longenesis (see section "Contacts") if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the platform.
Your use of the platform must comply with our Terms and Conditions.
By accessing or using the platform, you agree that you will not (or attempt to):
- access or use the platform for any illegal or unauthorised purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that breaches or violates these Terms,
- present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the platform or content available within the platform;
- use or attempt to use another user's account without authorisation from such user;
- share your account password with someone else to allow them to access any part of the platform that such person did not order;
- modify, adapt, hack or emulate the platform;
- use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided or authorised by us to access the platform or to extract data;
- copy, sell, rent, or sublicense the platform to any third party;
- circumvent, reverse-engineer, modify, disable, or otherwise tamper with any filtering, security measures or other features designed to protect the platform or third parties or encourage or help anyone else to do so;
- infringe upon or violate our rights or the rights of our users or any third party.
You're responsible for your use of the platform and any content you provide, including compliance with applicable laws. Content on the platform may be protected by others' intellectual property rights. Please don't copy, upload, download, or share content unless you have the right to do so.
Researchers and administrators, approved to have access to the participants list and their personal data and information in accordance with consent document, agree to:
- Use the data only for the purposes of research as described in consent document;
- Protect data confidentiality;
- Follow, as appropriate, all applicable national and international regulations, as well as relevant institutional policies and procedures for browsing dataset collection;
- Follow guidance on security best practices that outlines expected data security protections (e.g., physical or digital security measures) to ensure that the data are kept secure and not released to any person not permitted to access the data.
, sets forth how we treat data, including how we collect, use and disclose personal data and other information.
The platform may include interactive features and areas where you may submit, post, upload, publish, email, send, otherwise transmit or interact with content, including, but not limited to, text, images, documents and other information and materials (collectively, "User Content"). Unless otherwise agreed to, we do not claim any ownership rights in or to your User Content.
You are solely responsible for the User Content you make available through the platform, and you represent and warrant that:
- either you are the sole and exclusive rights owner of all User Content that you provide, or you have obtained all rights, licences, permissions and consents that are necessary to grant to us the rights specified in this section;
- the provision of your User Content, and our subsequent use of such User Content, will not infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
Longenesis may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms, and reserves the right to remove any violating content. Longenesis reserves the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing the intellectual property rights of others, and to terminate accounts of repeat infringers. 7. Ownership and Intellectual Property
The platform and its original content (excluding User Content), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Longenesis and its licensors. The platform is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both Latvia and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Longenesis. 8. Communications
You agree to receive all communications, agreements, and notices that we provide in connection with any platform services via electronic means, including by e-mail and in-product notifications, and you agree to keep your Account contact information current. 9. Feedback
Separate and apart from User Content, you may submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information about us and our platform (collectively, "Feedback"). You agree that Longenesis shall be able to use the Feedback in any way they may choose without any obligation to you. 10. Service Availability
We strive to keep the platform up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and Longenesis is not liable for any disruption or loss you may suffer as a result. In the event of an outage, you may not be able to retrieve Your Content or Data that you've stored. 11. Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights, if you breach these terms and conditions of use in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions of use in any way, we may perform one or multiple actions, such as:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to the platform;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing the platform;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the platform;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the platform;
- bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise;
- suspend and/or delete your account within the platform;
- delete and/or edit any or all of your content.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to the platform or a part of the platform, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account). 12. Severability
If a provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable under applicable law or determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue to be in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue to be in effect. 13. Amendments of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change or modify these Terms on a go-forward basis at any time and at our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes as appropriate, such as by sending an email notification to the address you've provided and/or notice through the platform. If we make an administrative change, we may provide notice by updating the "Last Updated" date at the top of these Terms. We encourage you to review the Terms from time to time to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your access to, and use of, the platform. 14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction, Dispute Resolution
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Latvia.
Should any dispute arise, however, Parties shall make all reasonable effort to resolve it in a mutually respectable and beneficial manner. 15. Contacts
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or how we handle your personal data and information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Zaubes Street 9A-23, Riga, Latvia, LV-1013.